Brochure Type: Preview Europe and Britain 2022
Ease into the simplicity of life and a relaxing travel experience on the banks of the king and queen of the fjords. There's not a troll in sight on this Norway trip. Myths and legends aside, you'll visit a winter Olympics hub, the fairy-tale city of Bergen, and continental Europe's largest glacier.
- Explore Oslo with a Local Specialist
- Discover Bergen
- Visit Hardangerfjord, Geirangerfjord, the State Church at Lom and Vigeland Sculpture Park
- View Voringfoss, Steinsdalsfoss, Haakon's Hall in Bergen, Akershus, the Opera and Royal Palace in Oslo
- See Sognefjord, Boyabreen Glacier and Hamar Olympic ice arena
- 8 breakfasts
- 6 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
Call (800) 747-9093 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15149449
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2020
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Oslo||Welcome to Oslo: Prepare for a spellbinding encounter with nature - an untamed landscape of fjords, lakes and dense forests that begins in the understated capital of Oslo, set within beautiful natural surrounds. On arrival, transfer to your Stays With Stories accommodation, the Clarion Collection Bastion, a boutique hotel with a unique personality. Hotel founder Morten Morch visited over 100 hotels around the globe as inspiration in his quest to create one of the world's best hotels. Spend the day exploring the city's interesting architecture and exquisite open spaces, before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception to kick-start your journey.?|
Clarion Collection Bastion
|Day 2||Geilo and Hardangerfjord||Journey to Scenic Geilo and Hardangerfjord: We journey along the shores of the Tyrifjord to the ski resort of Geilo with its scenic location at the foot of Hallingskarvet, before continuing across the Hardanger Plateau to Voringfoss, a cascade of water that plunges impressively into the Mabodalen Canyon below. We continue to Hardangerfjord - its title as the 'Queen of the Fjords' is well deserved and you'll have an opportunity to admire its deep blue waters as you travel along part of its shoreline to your hotel in Norheimsund where you will dine tonight.|
|Day 3||Bergen||Onwards to Beautiful Bergen: A scenic drive along lakes and fjords will bring us to the 'Capital of Fjords', Bergen. We'll learn about the city's Hanseatic heritage, enjoying an orientation tour past the 13th-century Haakon's Hall and bustling fish market. Enjoy some free time to explore this colourful city. This evening, Connect With Locals as the Øvre-Eide family welcome us on their farm for dinner and a very special Be My Guest experience.|
|Day 4||Voss and Stunning Sognefjord||Off to Voss and Stunning Sognefjord: Delving straight back into Norway's inspiring natural landscapes, we continue to the 'King of Fjords', travelling via Voss, the country's adventure capital. There's some free time to embark on an Optional Experience on the Flam Railway, one of the most beautiful train journeys in the world. Tonight, we overnight at one of Trafalgar's Stays With Stories - Sognefjord Hotel located on a peninsula stretching out into the Sognefjord. Step straight from your hotel into the breath-taking fjord and mountain surroundings.|
|Day 5||Geiranger||Continue to Geiranger: Journey from Sognefjord, Norway's longest and deepest fjord, to Geiranger. See the impressive Boyabreen glacier, part of Jostedalsbreen, continental Europe's largest glacier. Your road trip is filled with pinch-me moments as you skirt past three different fjords. Tonight, we stay on the shores of the fjord at one of Trafalgar's Stay With Stories - Hotel Havila Geiranger.|
|Day 6||A Day at the Breathtaking Geirangerfjord||A Day at the Breathtaking Geirangerfjord: The Geirangerfjord takes centre stage today, you'll get to explore it your way today. You could choose to take a scenic cruise past its tumbling waterfalls and snow-capped peaks. Perhaps take the short drive to Flydalsjuvet viewpoint for a breathtaking panoramic view of the fjord below. Enjoy the rest of the afternoon soaking up your epic surrounds, or consider joining an Optional Experience to drive Norway's most famous road, the Trollstigen, with its eleven hairpin bends.|
|Day 7||Lom and Lillehammer||Venture to Historic Lom and Lillehammer: We enjoy a scenic drive to Lom, the gateway to the Jotunheimen Mountains. Here, we will Dive Into Culture and visit a 12th-century Stave church, adorned with Runic inscriptions, paintings and carved dragon figures that are said to protect it against evil. We continue through the Gudbrandsdal Valley before arriving in Lillehammer, the proud host of the 1994 Winter Olympics.|
|Day 8||Oslo||Return to Oslo: We return to Oslo where we spend the day exploring several of the city's highlights with a Local Specialist, including views of the medieval fortress of Akershus, overlooking Oslo's beautiful harbour, the Opera and the 19th-century Royal Palace. We finish our tour with a visit to the fascinating Vigeland Sculpture Park, proudly displaying the life's work of Gustav Vigeland. After a magnificent encounter with Norway's epic natural landscapes, we enjoy our last evening together at a Farewell Dinner, toasting to a memorable trip.|
|Day 9||Norway||Farewell Norway: Our journey through the fjords, falls and forests of Norway has come to an end. We bid our newfound friends a fond farewell and prepare to return home.|
- Travel to Europe often requires an overnight flight. Please arrange flights to arrive on or before Day 1.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class