From vibrant cities to gorgeous scenery, this Northern European escorted tour visits fascinating capitals with two-night stays in Copenhagen, Oslo, Stockholm, and Helsinki. In each city, you'll experience guided sightseeing of the must-see sights, including Copenhagen's Little Mermaid statue and the Royal Reception Rooms at Christiansborg Palace which was used by the Queen for official occasions. Also see Oslo's City Hall - decorated with great Norwegian art from 1900 to 1950 - and Frogner Park, where Gustav Vigeland created over 200 extraordinary bronze and granite statues. You'll see Stockholm's City Hall, where the Nobel Prize banquet is held each year; and Helsinki's Lutheran Cathedral - completed in 1852 - along with the famous open-air market.A tour highlight is an overnight Baltic Sea cruise from Stockholm to Helsinki. You'll stay in first-class, outside, two-berth cabins with private facilities, and you'll enjoy a special Smorgasbord dinner on board. Enjoy a true Swedish food experience to sample local specialties in Gothenburg's indoor food market.You'll also experience some of Northern Europe's beautiful scenery throughout your Northern Europe guided tour. From Gothenburg to Norway, travel along the coastline with its many islands, granite rocks, and charming fishing villages. Oslo is situated by a fjord and is surrounded by hills and forests. Take a ferry from Elsinore, Denmark to Helsingborg, Sweden, with great views of Hamlet's Kronborg Castle. Drive through Sweden's scenic Varmland, home to 10,000 lakes dotting the forested landscape and home to Sweden's largest lake, Vanern.Stunning scenery, delicious local cuisine, a Baltic Sea cruise, and fascinating sightseeing await you on this fantastic guided tour of Northern Europe's capitals.
Call (800) 747-9093 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13884394
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Copenhagen||Welcome to Copenhagen! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Copenhagen||Morning sightseeing with a Local Guide features the Church of Our Savior and the Stock Exchange on the way to Christiansborg Palace, where you visit the elegant ROYAL RECEPTION ROOMS. Drive past the National Museum and the Royal Theater, and stop for pictures of Amalienborg Palace with its lovely flower gardens, and of the wistful LITTLE MERMAID. In the afternoon, exciting optional excursions are available. Tonight, visit TIVOLI GARDENS (mid-April to mid-Sept.), the city's colorful amusement park. (B)|
|Day 3||Oslo||From Elsinore beneath Hamlet's Kronborg Castle, board your FERRY for Helsingborg. Then, drive to Gothenburg, Sweden's thriving second-largest city. Admire its beautiful parks, botanical gardens, and well-kept canals during your orientation tour. Highlight is a visit to Gothenburg's famous indoor [LF] FOOD MARKET to taste local snacks at some of the stalls. In the afternoon, continue along the Skagerrak coastline to Norway. Evening arrival in Oslo. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Oslo||Norway's capital is a study in farsighted urban planning, seeking growth in harmony with nature. Your Local Guide will take you to the National Theater, Parliament, and the Royal Palace. Stroll through magnificent FROGNER PARK, with Gustav Vigeland's 200-plus extraordinary bronze and granite sculptures, and visit the modern CITY HALL. Optional excursions are available for the afternoon and evening. (B)|
|Day 5||Stockholm||Trace the King's Road, an ancient trade link between the northern capitals connecting Oslo, Stockholm, Turku, Helsinki, and St. Petersburg. Cross the Swedish border to scenic Varmland, beautifully described in Selma Lagerlof's Gosta Berlings Saga, on the way to Karlstad on Lake Vanern. Pass the ancient garrison town of Orebro and modern Eskilstuna, known for its stainless steel, and proceed to Stockholm. (B)|
|Day 6||Stockholm||Stockholm, scene of Stieg Larsson's Millennium, is settled on 14 islands between Lake Malar and the Baltic Sea. Morning sightseeing with a Local Guide includes the Royal Palace; Riddarholm Church, a walk through the OLD TOWN, and the festive blue and gold chambers in the CITY HALL, where the annual Nobel Prize banquet is held. Later, choose from our optional excursions to make the most of your stay. (B)|
|Day 7||Overnight Cruise to Helsinki||Morning at leisure. Why not join an excursion to Uppsala? Later, board your ship for the overnight [LF] BALTIC SEA CRUISE to Finland, and enjoy a traditional Smorgasbord dinner. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Helsinki||Guided sightseeing of Helsinki features the City Hall and Parliament House, the Presidential Palace, the monumental railroad station, the great LUTHERAN CATHEDRAL, the Olympic Stadium, and the SIBELIUS MONUMENT. Browse for souvenirs in Helsinki's local arts and crafts OPEN-AIR MARKET. (B)|
|Day 9||Helsinki||A full day at leisure offers the opportunity to join an optional excursion to Tallinn, capital of Estonia, known as one of the 'Pearls of the Baltic' countries. Tonight, a farewell dinner awaits at your hotel. (B,D)|
|Day 10||Helsinki||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $679Triple room reduction per person: $110Extra nights per person in Copenhagen:in single room $202, in twin $132, in triple $117Extra nights per person in Helsinki:in single room $135-$184, in twin $77-$101, in triple $62-$78
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).